Who We Are
For nearly 30 years we’ve been the health benefits solution for counties across Pennsylvania.
Our story started in the early 1990’s with Benecon forming the first purchasing group for municipalities in Central PA to safely and cost-effectively self-fund their health benefits. This concept of leveraging group purchasing power has since successfully expanded into 14 health insurance cooperative and consortium programs for many different industries and regions.
The Pennsylvania Counties Health Insurance Purchasing Cooperative (PCHIPC) is the best long-term strategy for counties in the Commonwealth to offer health benefits to their employees. As healthcare costs continue to rise, PCHIPC is the stable and cost effective solution.
With the PCHIPC program counties benefit from:
- Group purchasing power
- In-house rate development. PCHIPC’s actuaries work for the program, not the insurance carriers.
- Their own dedicated Account Management team with decades of experience
- Compliance resources
- Complete Transparency of Claims Data
- HealthCare Navigation and Wellness resources
- PCHIPC program founded October 2005
- Fully owned and controlled by the Member Counties
- Benecon is hired by PCHIPC to provide complete administration including Finance, Compliance and Actuarial support
- Current program funding exceeds $175 million
- Member Counties control 100% of claim fund surplus